Objective. The purpose of the CHLA/ABSC Annual Conference Grant is to enhance access to professional development opportunities for individual CHLA/ABSC members, with preference to those who are early in their career or who lack support for attendance at the annual conference.
Description. The Annual Conference Grants cover the cost of CHLA/ABSC Conference registration. Five grants will be offered annually. Conference Grants may be awarded in conjunction with the CHLA/ABSC Professional Development Grant.
Application Deadline: April 23, 2021
Review Process: The CHLA/ABSC Board of Directors will review applications for the Annual Conference Grants and notify successful applicants by May 14, 2021.
- Applicant must be a current CHLA/ABSC member.
- Applicant must not have received a CHLA/ABSC Professional Development Grant* or Annual Conference Grant in the previous five calendar years.
- A maximum of two individuals may apply under an institutional membership.
*unless the applicant will be presenting the results of work related to a previous CHLA/ABSC Professional Development Grant or Research Grant received in the past five years.
Note: Voting members of the CHLA/ABSC Board of Directors may not apply for this grant while serving their term on the Board.
Special consideration will be given to applications from librarians or library technicians meeting any of the following criteria;
- works in rural and/or remote locations
- early in their career (students, <5 years experience)
- works in health institution libraries (e.g., hospital libraries)
- demonstrates a lack of available funding from other sources for the applicant to attend the CHLA/ABSC annual conference
- demonstrates a lack of relevant professional development activities in the applicant's geographic region
- anticipates presenting at the conference
- from individuals who are or have been active in the CHLA/ABSC association or chapters (e.g., acting on the executive of a CHLA/ABSC student interest group or local chapter or JCHLA editorial board; volunteering for conference planning, working groups, sub-committees, special interest groups, etc.)
- ability to articulate the value of the conference attendance to their professional practice and how they will share what they have learned
Procedure for Application
Please complete the application form and submit the application using the online submission form.
Submissions are subject to peer review. To ensure a blinded review, do not include your name anywhere in the application form.