Professional Development Grant
The Board shall review applications for the Professional Development Grant and will award funds based on the funding available for that fiscal year according to the criteria described below.
- Applicant must be a current CHLA/ABSC member.
- Applicant must not have received a CHLA/ABSC Professional Development Grant in the previous five calendar years.
- Members of the CHLA/ABSC Board are not eligible for the grant.
- A maximum of two individuals may apply under an institutional membership.
- The grant may be awarded for direct costs of continuing education opportunities scheduled in conjunction with CHLA/ABSC or MLA conferences.
- Whether the activity is an accredited CHLA/ABSC or MLA continuing education activity.
- Availability of funding from other sources for the requester to attend professional development activities.
- Availability of relevant professional development activities in the applicant's geographic region.
- Relevance of the professional development activity to the improvement of health and health care by promoting excellence in access to information.
- Applicants from rural and remote librarians or libraries will be prioritized
Procedure for Application
Applicants must complete the online application form.
Applications can be submitted any time.
Applications for grants must be sent to CE Co-ordinator.
- If the recipient of a grant is unable to attend the funded professional development activity, or the activity is cancelled, the amount of the grant must be returned to the Association.
- Within four weeks of the completion of the activity, recipients of the grant must submit to the Continuing Education Co-ordinator a brief report on the activity and its benefit.